How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Android and iPhone
WhatsApp features a tonne of excellent features but one thing that’s still missing is the ability to schedule WhatsApp messages. If you wish to remember to wish someone on their birthday or just want to send a message during working hours instead of pinging someone in the middle of the night, scheduling messages helps plenty. There are ways to schedule messages on WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone, but both are workarounds since this feature isn’t officially supported on WhatsApp.
Since the methods we’re suggesting are workarounds, there are some limitations, which we’ll explain in a bit. Here’s how to schedule messages on WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
How to schedule WhatsApp message on Android
As we’ve mentioned above, WhatsApp doesn’t have an official feature to schedule messages. However, if you are using an Android smartphone, you can schedule messages on WhatsApp with the help of several third-party apps. Yes, there are several third-party apps out there that promise to do the task, but there’s just one — SKEDit — that does it perfectly. Follow these steps to know the way to schedule WhatsApp message on Android:
- Go to the Google Play Store > download and install SKEDit > open the app.
- Upon the first launch, you will have to register.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ve to tap WhatsApp on the main menu.
- On the next screen, you’ve got to grant permissions. Tap Enable Accessibility > SKEDit > toggle on Use service > Allow. Now, return to the app.
- You’ll now need to fill in the details. Add the recipient, enter your message, set the schedule date and time, and choose if. To wish to repeat the scheduled message or not.
- Below, you will see one final toggle — ask me before sending it. Toggle it on > tap the tick icon > your message will now be scheduled. Whenever the day and time of your scheduled message arrives, you’ll receive a notification on your phone asking you to complete the action. Tap Send and you will see your scheduled message being sent in real-time.
- However, if you keep the ask me before sending it toggled off, in this case, once you tap the tick icon, you’ll be asked to disable your phone’s screen lock. you will be also be asked to disable your phone’s battery optimization also. Doing this, your scheduled message is going to be sent automatically, which implies you won’t be asked to give any input on the phone, making the process instant. but then again, not having a screen lock affects your phone’s privacy, which could be a huge drawback. This is why we won’t recommend scheduling WhatsApp messages this way.
How to schedule WhatsApp message in iPhone
Unlike Android, there’s not any third-party app available on iOS through which you’ll schedule WhatsApp messages. However, there are otherwise different ways to do this process on iPhone through Siri Shortcuts, an Apple app that will rely on automation to send your WhatsApp message at a scheduled time. Here’s what you need to do to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
- Go to the App Store and download the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and open it.
- Select the Automation tab at the bottom.
- Tap the + icon within the top-right corner and tap Create Personal Automation.
- On the following screen, tap Time of Day to schedule when to run your automation. In this case, select the dates and times once you want to schedule WhatsApp messages. Once that’s done, tap Next.
- Tap Add Action and then in the search bar type Text and from the list of actions that appear select Text.
- After that, enter your message in the text field. This message is whatever you wish to schedule, such as, ‘Happy birthday.’
- After you’re done entering your message, tap the + icon below the text field and in the search bar search for WhatsApp.
- From the list of actions that appear, select Send Message via WhatsApp. Choose the recipient and hit Next.
- Finally, on the next screen, tap Done.
- Now at the scheduled time, you will get a notification from the Shortcuts app. Tap the notification and it’ll open WhatsApp with your message pasted in the text field. All you need to do is hit Send.
One more thing to note is that you can only schedule WhatsApp messages for up to a week, which is quite a bummer but at least now you know to at least a way to schedule a massage for up to a week.
If that’s too short a limit for you, you’ll always try this one. This is one of the foremost complex Siri Shortcuts we’ve ever come across but it does schedule WhatsApp messages for any date and time if you configure it properly. It worked well on one of our iPhones but kept crashing on the other, so your mileage may vary with this one. However, we were able to schedule a message using both methods so you’ll choose the one you prefer.
How to Run AppImage Programs on Chromebook: Easy Methods
If you’re beginner Chromebook then I would highly recommend you to set up Linux on Chrome OS. It might allow you to use many desktop-class apps which are simply nowhere to be found on Chrome OS. The standard way to install apps on Linux is through the Terminal, but in some cases, developers also offer a portable AppImage installer. Popular Linux apps like Krita and Shotcut come in the AppImage package and they are super convenient. You only got to double-click on the AppImage file and the program will be up and running. How cool is that? So, if you would like to install AppImage programs on Chromebook then simply follow this guide and you’ll be ready.
Run AppImage Programs on Chromebook
There are two ways to run AppImage programs on Chromebook. You could either use a Linux file manager to run the program or use the Terminal. The first method is slightly lengthy, but it’s very convenient once you have set up everything. The latter method is, however, a quick way to run AppImage programs, but you’ll need to twiddle commands. Anyway, here I am showing both the methods so you could pick one easily.
Using the Linux File Manager
1. There are many file managers for Linux, but I would recommend Nautilus. It’s simple and works pretty well. So firstly, install the Nautilus file manager by running the below command on the Terminal.
sudo apt-get install nautilus
Run AppImage Programs on Chromebook
2. Once you’ve got done that, open the Chrome OS launcher and look for the Linux apps folder. It normally sits on the first page. Now, open the “Files” app. This is the Nautilus file manager that we just installed.
Run AppImage Programs on Chromebook
3. Then, download the AppImage program and move it to the “Linux files” section. You could do so from the default “Files” app of Chrome OS.
4. Now, open the Linux files app (Nautilus) and right-click on the AppImage program. Then, click on “Properties”.
5. Move to the “Permissions” tab and enable the “Execute” checkbox. Now, the AppImage program is prepared to be executed.
6. Finally, double-click on the AppImage program and voila, there you’ve got it. The AppImage program runs a bit like that on Chromebook. Now onwards, you don’t have to do all these steps. Just double-click and the program will open up. for new programs, follow the instructions from step #3.
Using the Linux Terminal
1. If you would like to quickly run an AppImage program on Chromebook then the Linux Terminal is the best method to roll in the hay. First of all, move the AppImage program to the “Linux files” section using the Files app.
2. Next, copy the complete name of the file including the.AppImage extension. You could also rename it to something shorter so that you could easily type it on the Terminal.
3. Now, open the Linux Terminal and type chmod a+x. Then, press a single space and paste the file name that you just copied above. It will look something like this. Now, hit enter and it will make the program executable. Note that, it won’t output anything.
chmod a+x Shotcut-200412.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage
4. Having done that, now enter ./ and paste the program name again with no space. Here is how it will look.
5. Finally, hit enter and the AppImage application will run instantly on Chromebook. Now onwards, you may need to just repeat step #4 to run the program. for new programs though, You will need to make it executable first by following step #3.
Use AppImage Programs on Chromebook similar to That
So that is how you’ll install AppImage programs on Chromebook. We have offered two methods and both are easy and simple. However, if you’re not well familiar with the Terminal then the first method would be my recommendation.
How To Get Flipkart New Warranty Assistant for Mobiles at Just Rs 99
After launching the voice assistant feature for grocery last week, Flipkart has now introduced a Warranty Assistant on mobile phone purchases. The Flipkart Warranty Assistant for mobiles aims to help customers with issues like manufacturing defects, software, and hardware issues, which are covered within the terms and conditions of the brand warranty within the warranty period of the product. Consumers can avail of this plan for any smartphone that they buy from Flipkart.
The Flipkart Warranty Assistant for purchasers will be made available at a price of Rs 99. Customers will need to choose this option while buying phones from the e-commerce platform. With this Warranty Assistant, Flipkart will provide a hassle-free doorstep pick-up and drop within this value of Rs 99.
“As customers still stay safe at home, Flipkart continues to make sure optimum customer satisfaction by helping them fix their phones without stepping out of their homes,” noted Flipkart in a press statement on Monday. Flipkart Warranty Assistant
Last week, Flipkart added a multilingual voice assistant for grocery shopping consumers on its platform. The voice assistant introduced in Flipkart’s grocery Supermart is currently available to all English and Hindi users. Also, it is only available to all users with Flipkart’s mobile app on Android for now. It will be gradually made available on the iOS app and the website.
The homegrown e-commerce marketplace says that the AI-voice assistant platform has been built by Flipkart’s in-house technology team. This incorporates speech recognition, language understanding, machine translation, and text to speech for Indian languages.
For its grocery store, Flipkart’s Voice Assistant will help consumers build their grocery basket by simply talking to the assistant, the same as talking to a shopkeeper in the world. It has the potential to understand variations in commands in both English and Hindi while also responding to mixed language commands.
Google Stadia is Now Available on more Android Smartphones: How To Try
Google Stadia is now compatible with a wider range of smartphones. The company’s online gaming platform was initially engaged on select devices (Pixels mostly). But now users with Samsung, Asus, and a broad range of OnePlus phones can also experience gaming on Stadia. Here’s the updated list of devices now compatible with Stadia.
As you’ll see here, most of the widely available phones now allow you to play Stadia. Granted, we still can’t see names like Xiaomi, Realme, or Vivo on the list, but it’s a step in the right direction. You do have devices like ROG Phone II from Asus, OnePlus 5, or 6 that sell for under Rs 30,000 in India lately. But it’s important to point that additionally to having a phone with solid hardware (which all of those do). Users also got to equip themselves with a fast internet connection, to ensure sure the gaming experience is smooth.
How to try Google Stadia on your phone
Google is offering this opportunity as an experiment. So, users with the aforementioned devices can register to Stadia and open Settings. Over there, tap on Experiments and turn on Play on this device. This option is limited to the chosen device, and users can turn the setting off anytime.
The company will continue to enhance Google Stadia with constant updates and new partnerships with game developers. Taking a look at the new additions, the corporate held the latest “Stadia Connect” in April. The company also added support for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro on Google Stadia. This suggests OnePlus 8 series users can use Stadia if they reside in a country where Stadia is out there.
Other changes included 5.1 surrounds sound support for Google Stadia Pro members and an on-screen keyboard on the web. The blog post had unveiled that Stadia Mobile lets users capture game clips on Android. Players can use the dedicated capture button on their Stadia Controller to snap a screenshot or a 30-second video clip.
Google Nest Smart Speaker First Look Is Out- Check Details
Beware Of Fake TikTok Pro App; It Could Be Spyware Or Malware
PLAY Launches PLAYGO T44 and PLAYGO N82 Audio Devices in India
Tech News1 month ago
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 is a Thin and Lightweight Notebook aimed at those Working From Home
Tech News2 months ago
List of Xiaomi Phone’s Which Will Gets the MIUI 12 Update
Smartphones2 months ago
Samsung Galaxy A11, Galaxy A41 Price In India Revealed
Accessories2 months ago
Realme Watch Officially Teased, Expected to Launch in India Soon
Smartphones2 months ago
Oppo Find X2 Series is About To Launch In India Soon, Company Teases
Software Updates2 months ago
Samsung Galaxy A20s Starts Receiving Android 10 Update With One UI 2.0: Report
Tech News2 months ago
Sony’s Intelligent Vision Sensor is the First to Have AI Processing Hardware
Best of2 months ago
Best Blogging Platforms to Earn Money Online In 2020